Fender American Original 60s Jaguar - 3 Tone Sunburst / Rosewood
The American Original Jaguar is a tribute to a Fender legend with an authentic specification featuring a Rosewood fingerboard, vintage hardware and a set of Pure Vintage ‘62 Jag pickups. Here in 3 Tone Sunburst Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish.
The Fender American Original 60s Jaguar, here with a 3 Tone Sunburst finish and a Rosewood fingerboard, is an instrument that remains true to it's 60s beginnings with an authentic, contemporary specification that is just as relevant today as it was way back in 1962.
A big part of the Jag charm is of course it's unique off-set Alder body which on this guitar, like the originals, is ergonomic and comfortable thanks to it's body accommodating contours. This infamous body is then finished in traditional Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer which will only become more handsome over time, along with this is a retro 4-Ply Tortoiseshell pickguard and vintage nickel hardware.
Being a Jaguar, this American Original model features the same 24" short scale length that is favoured by so many players for it's comfortable feel and easy chording. For this guitar the Maple neck has been crafted into the same 'C' shape neck profile as the 60's originals, this is then married to a Rosewood fingerboard with an updated 9.5" radius and 22 Vintage Tall frets for that classic uninvastive feel.
The pickups on this 60s American Original are as period correct as possible in the form of Pure Vintage ‘62 Jaguar Single-Coils. For that iconic surf voice and Jaguar roar this set are as close as it gets to those originals with enamel-coated coil wire, cloth covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. This is the versatile sound that captured the imagination of surfers, rockers, shoegazersm Grunge artists and beyond.
The famous quirky Jag electronics pioneered from the originals is also preset on this American Original guitar too with two dedicated on/off slide switches for each pickup, a 2-Position slide switch for bass-cut “strangle” circuit, a volume and tone for the lead circuit and a dedicated volume and tone for the rhythm circuit.
- American Original
- Alder Body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer 3 Tone Sunburst finish
- Maple ‘60s “C” Neck with a Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Round-Laminated Rosewood fingerboard with 9.5” (241 mm) radius
- 22 Vintage Tall frets
- Pearloid dots position inlays
- Bone 1.650” (42 mm) nut
- Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe” machine heads
- 24” (610 mm) scale length
- Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo bridge with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- 4-Ply Tortoiseshell pickguard
- Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jaguar in bridge and neck position
- 2-On/Off Slide Switches (One for Each Pickup)
- 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut “Strangle” Circuit
- Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone.
- Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Black Plastic control knobs
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Deluxe brown hardshell case with a gold interior