Fender Custom Shop Custom Shop 2018 Ltd Tomatillo Strat Journeyman Relic - Super Faded Aged Shell Pink
Limited Edition Tomatillo Stratocaster Journeyman Relic from Fender's Custom Shop. Finished here in a Super Faded Aged Shell Pink.
*images show actual guitar
This Fender Custom Shop 2018 Ltd Tomatillo Strat Journeyman Relic in Super Faded Aged Shell Pink is a unique, inspiring Stratocaster that successfully combines true vintage design with modern upgrades to create a commanding, all conquering weapon for the studio and stage.
First we have the Super Faded Shell Pink finish which gives off that worn in look and feel. Being a 'Journeyman' model the nitrocellulose lacquer has been treated by Custom Shop's pro luthiers to look like a genuine vintage instrument that has been well taken care of over the years but has finish checking, some “friendly” down-to-the-wood nicks and dings, dull hardware and moderate playing wear. This 'flash-coat' nitro finish also allows the wood to breathe with pure resonance and the guitar itself will age in its own way, personal to the player.
For those who love the Strats of the 50s, the Tomatillo Journeyman sports a flash coat lacquer finished 1-Piece AA Flame Quartersawn Maple neck along with a matching AA Flame Maple fingerboard. The fingerboard is adorned with 21 6100 Jumbo frets and the neck itself is shaped into an old school 10/56 "V" profile, an shape that will suit those who prefer to have their thumb hanging over the edge of the fingerboard.
One of the key secrets to the tone of this particular Strat is its new pickups and unique wiring scheme. This guitar captures the sweet, smooth and dynamic character of the sought after vintage originals with the help of three Tomatillo single-coil Strat pickups. This complete set offer the same lineage as Fender's Ancho Poblano and El Diablo pickups for crisp cleans and natural chime but are in fact crafted with Alnico 2 magnets, choosen to replicate what an Alnico 5 pickup fitted back in the the ‘50s after the effects of its natural ageing process.
The electronics in this Custom Shop Tomatillo model also use half blender wiring which will effectively turn the second tone control into a blend pot when the pickup switch is in the first and second positions. This unique feature gives players more tonal flexibility by allowing you to mix the neck pickup in to shape your tone to the nth degree.
- NOS Flash Coat Lacquer
- Custom Shop Series
- 2-Piece Select Alder body
- 6100 Jumbo frets
- 1.685" (42.8 mm) nut
- Vintage-Style Slotted truss rod nut
- 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved neck plate
- Bone nut
- 10/56 "V" neck shape
- 25.5" (648 mm) scale length
- 9.5" (241 mm) fingerboard radius
- 21 frets
- AA Flame Maple fingerboard
- 1-Piece AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound Tomatillo Strat bridge pickup
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound RWRP Tomatillo Strat middle pickup
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound Tomatillo Strat neck pickup
- Controls - Master Volume, Master Tone, Blend
- 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Vintage-Style with Fender Logo tuners
- 3-Ply Parchment pickgaurd
- Vintage White control knobs
- Includes a deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and a Certificate of Authenticity
- Model number: 235000550