Fender Custom Shop Journeyman 69 Relic Strat - Faded Aged Sonic Blue / Maple
The Fender Custom Shop 1969 Journeyman Relic Strat delivers classic late 60s style and a selection of modern appointments.
Commemorating a landmark year for music, and for the Strat, the Fender Custom Shop 1969 Journeyman Relic Strat, here in Faded Aged Sonic Blue finish, gives you all the vibe and style of a late ‘60s ‘Big Stock’ Strat with a few nods to contemporary playing thrown in.
Featuring a two piece alder body, the ‘69 Journeyman Relic wears a Nitrocellulose lacquer over urethane finish in a stunning Faded Aged Sonic Blue. This has been given the Journeyman Relic treatment - this is a ‘used but not abused’ finish, reminiscent of a guitar that has been gigged occasionally over the years but generally well looked after.
The Urethane finished neck is made from Rift-sawn maple and features a ‘69 ‘U’ shaped profile. The round-lam maple fretboard has a 9.5” radius and is fitted with 21 Narrow Jumbo frets. The headstock features the iconic late ‘60s ‘Big Stock’ profile and is home to a set of Schaller ‘F’ tuners and a period correct Fender logo decal.
Pickups are a trio of single coil units - Custom Shop ‘69 Single Coils for the neck and middle positions with a scorching hot hand wound Texas Special in the bridge.
These are wired through a 5 way switch, single volume and two tone controls with the added bonus of Fender’s Tone Saver Treble Bleed circuit - ensuring trebles remain crystal clear at all volumes.
Completing the package, the Custom Shop 1969 Journeyman Relic Strat comes with a Deluxe Hard Shell case, leather strap and a Custom Shop Certificate of authenticity.
- Journeyman Relic Nitro-cellulose over Urethane finish
- 2 piece select alder body
- Rift sawn light tint maple neck with ‘69 ‘U’ profile
- Round lam maple fretboard with 9.5” radius
- 21 Narrow Jumbo frets
- 2 x Custom Shop ‘69 single coil pickups (neck and mid)
- 1 x Custom Shop hand wound Texas Special Single coil pickup (bridge)
- 5 way selector switch, master vol, 2 x tone controls
- Tone Saver Treble Bleed circuit
- Vintage style Synchronized tremolo
- Schaller ‘F’ tuners
- 3 ply Parchment pickguard
- Deluxe hard shell case
- Leather Strap
- Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity