Kala UBass Fretless - Solid Spruce Top
The Fretless Kala Ubass is a small scale bass instrument that produces low pitches equal to a standard bass. It features a solid mahogany body with a solid spruce top and shadow electronics.
The Fretted Solid Spruce Top Kala UBass is a short scale bass instrument delivering the same low pitches as a standard bass all within a tiny scale. Whether you are a bass player or not the U-Bass really is a lot of fun, but is also a pro quality instrument - featuring high quality components and build quality.
The Kala U-BASS is truly a ground breaking short scale bass that produces the same pitches as a standard bass instrument and is tuned in traditional bass tuning, EADG. The U-BASS is strung with proprietary polyurethane strings that incorporate a great bass feel, with balanced tension; they are a true pleasure to play.
- Mahogany back and sides with solid spruce top
- Custom Hipshot Tuners
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- 16 frets
- 21 scale
- Pahoehoe Polyurethane strings
- Custom Kala and Roadtoad logo inlays
- Custom Shadow bass pickup with 4 individual piezo elements
- Separate compensated saddles for each string