BOSS VE-500 Vocal Performer
If you're a singing guitarist the BOSS VE-500 Vocal Performer is the ideal addition to your pedalboard. It delivers harmonies, dedicated vocal effects and more!
The BOSS VE-500 Vocal Performer has been designed especially for the singing guitarist. The VE-500 gives you access to vocal harmonises, pitch correction an array of dedicated vocal effects and more...it's the perfect addition to any singing guitarist's pedalboard!
Integrating the BOSS VE500 into your pedalboard couldn't be simpler. Plug your guitar into the instrument input (this will drive the harmony, vocoder and pitch functions) and then come out of the Thru output to send your unprocessed signal to your other guitar pedals. Plug your Mic into the dedicated input (Phantom Power is available) and then utilize the stereo XLR outputs to send your processed vocal sounds to your PA, stage monitor or studio setup.
Always wanted your own backing singers who deliver stunning vocal harmonies?...well the VE-500 can assist. As mentioned, your guitar (via the input) works in conjunction with the advanced harmony engine, allowing the chords you play to be detected and then generate smooth two and three part harmonies that work in real time as you sing. Various harmony modes are on hand allowing you to set what is required for your song. The harmony engine can also be driven by a MIDI keyboard your DAW backing tracks.
The onboard vocoder function also utilizes your guitar input and connected mic to transform your guitar's tone into classic vocoder voices, derived from BOSS's VO-1 Vocoder pedal. You can also access those much loved talk box sounds without the need for that mouth tube!
Even the greatest singers sometimes need a little pitch correction, and the VE-500 is here to get your vocal pitch right on track in a subtle transparent manner, all guided via your guirar signal or MIDI input. You can also get some heavily effected sounds to with hard pitch correction as heard on many modern songs.
The VE-500 also hosts an array of dedicated vocal effects including a compressor, de-esser, EQ, reverb and delay sections, allowing your final vocal tone to sound polished and pro. In addition, 4 independent FX engines are available that each contain an enormous selection of effects types including chorus, flanger, or tremolo, distortion, radio voice, ring mod, slicer, filtering, and more!
With all these functions you may think that using the VE-500 may be tricky, but thanks to its design, large display and knobs and buttons is it easy to create and call up sounds, you can even save your perfect setup to one of the 99 user locations.
So, if you a guitarist who also sings, be it a lead singer or backup singer, the BOSS VE-500 Vocal Perfomer would be a great addition to your setup. It's easy to integrate, has a pro sound and superb versatility. Give your vocals then attention and shine they deserve!
- Vocal multi-effects for singing guitarists
- Automatic vocal harmonies
- Pitch correction
- Enhance section for shaping vocal tone
- Array of dedicated vocal effects - reverb, delay, modulation, distortion, EQ, filter, and many other types
- Vocoder effects
- Flexible effect routing options for processing live and harmonized vocals together or separately
- Dedicated looper
- XLR mic input with adjustable sensitivity and available phantom power
- Guitar input for harmony, pitch, and vocoder processing
- Thru output for sending unprocessed signal to guitar pedals
- Stereo XLR outputs for sending vocal sounds to a PA mixer or recorder
- Three assignable footswitches for real-time performance control
- 99 user memories for storing patch setups
- Three assignable knobs for quick access to essential parameters while performing
- MIDI input and USB-MIDI for guiding harmony/pitch engine from an external MIDI keyboard or DAW backing tracks
- Editor/librarian software (Mac/Windows) for sound editing and patch management via USB