Roland RD2000 Digital Piano
The flagship RD2000 Digital Piano is the jewel in Roland's crown. This model is a performance powerhouse that has been designed for professionals on stage.
When players choose a Roland RD2000 Digital Piano they are getting a state of the art, revolutionary piano that adopts decades of research for unmatched performance on stage and in the studio.
The acoustic piano sounds on the RD2000 are a V-Piano powered masterpiece. The stand out first impression of this premium Roland innovation is its natural, responsive sound that is rich in sonic texture and, along with the with full-keyboard polyphony, allows players to achieve no compromise, fully realised authentic piano performances.
A second superNATURAL sound engine stocks the RD-2000 with a wide range of classic electric pianos from the 60s, 70s and 80s. A host of fantastic sounding vintage effects are also on hand which even include the iconic BOSS CE-1 Chorus and Roland SDD-320 Dimension D.
Made of wood and moulded materials the hybrid PHA-50 progressive hammer-action keyboard with escapement is the ideal platform for get the best out of the RD-2000’s responsive acoustic and electric pianos. For a classic and durable feel with that authentic grand piano touch the advanced sensor, hammer-action design by Roland is second to none.
The RD2000 has been developed for the stage. Decades of pro artist feedback has resulted in Roland's most intuitive layout to date with the straightforward navigation that is needed during a live performance. At the display's core are eight knobs with LED indicators that provide an instant visual aid for precise adjustment and nine sliders that are there to provide control for sounds, effects and more.
The Roland RD2000 Digital Piano keeps the player in command and in control. For those who adopt an extensive, large scale set up the RD-2000 offers the perfect solution. As well as a host of flexible audio outputs, the USB audio/MIDI interface allows the user to intergrate software instruments with a studio DAW or favourite laptop software. You can even control soft synths with zones in conjunction with internal sounds for an intelligent hybrid rig. On top this model can run 24-bit audio at rates up to 192 kHz because only the highest quality sounds make the cut at Roland.
Adopting the traditional RD Series stance with V-Piano elements this durable, lightweight piano is not only built for pro performers but has been designed from scratch to rewrite the rulebook.
The careful consideration and attention to detail with the RD 2000 is testament to the Roland's appreciation of both timeless vintage instruments, modern innovation and pro players needs. Down to every fine detail whether its the interface work flow, sound organization, physical layout of connectors or the switches, knobs and sliders, Roland have made the RD2000 a modern day triumph.
- Next-generation RD stage piano with two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with the latest Roland advancements provides authentic, richly detailed tone with full polyphony
- Second SuperNATURAL-based sound engine with 128-voice polyphony for electric pianos and additional sounds (compatible with RD-800 Live Sets)
- Eight knobs with LED status indicators and nine sliders for real-time control of sounds and effects
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources (including software instruments)
- PHA-50 keyboard features hybrid wood and moulded construction for premium touch and lasting durability
- Classic electric pianos on board, including Roland’s legendary RD-1000 and MKS-20
- Recreations of vintage analog effects, including the BOSS CE-1 Chorus, Roland Dimension D, and more
- Over 1100 non-piano sounds, including organs, strings, brass, synths, and many others
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds from Roland’s Axial website, including sounds from previous RD-series pianos
- 100 Scene memories for saving and recalling setups with one touch
- Traditional Roland pitch/mod lever and two assignable wheel controllers
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB audio/MIDI interface